Dr. Leszek Czarnecki, a former professional diver, founder and chairman of Getin Noble Bank, the leading retail bank in Poland, founder and chairman of Idea Bank, the leading SME bank in Poland, founder and chairman CEO of Getin Holding, the banking group in Central and Eastern Europe, founder and chairman of LC Corp, the leading real estate developer in Poland, founder and former CEO of Europa Insurance and Europa Life Insurance, the leading insurance company in Poland, and founder of approximately 30 other start-ups (including 6 IPOs and approximately 10 SPOs).
- The Wall Street Journal, Top 10 CEOs in Central Europe (1998)
- Diploma of Finance Minister of France and INSEAD, The Best Entrepreneur in Central Europe (2002)
- Recognised Financial Times as one of the 25 emerging stars of European business to set up the directions for the development of financial markets (2004)
- Elected, three years in a row, the Player of the Year by the Polish Edition of Forbes (2005 – 2007)
- Association of Polish Entrepreneurs and Puls Biznesu, Businessman of the Twenty-Year Independence Period (2009)
- Businessman of the Year honourable title awarded in the contest organised by Ernst & Young (2009)
- Parkiet and Warsaw Stock Exchange, The Man of the Capital Market of the 25th Anniversary of the Democratic Changes in Poland (2014)
Author of 4 books (two of which are MBA academic textbooks in Poland). Master of Science in Engineering (Environmental Protection and Water Engineering), PhD in Economics, and graduate of Harvard Business School.
Hobby: cave and wreck diving